Digby's Dailies

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Where the heck am I??

It's been quite a day, and I feel like I just HAVE to tell someone about it. I don't know if any of you out there care about the musings of a dog, but, there it is. When a dog's gotta share, a dog's gotta share.

First of all, a little about me. I am a Cavachon, which is a mix of a Cavalier King Charles and a Bichon Frise. Yup, I'm total pedigree. I was born in Ackley, Iowa, and my four sisters and I lived with a very nice lady named Cindy. Yes, you heard right, I was the only boy. I guess that's a good thing--something about me being in touch with my feminine side. It's weird being in a new place away from my sisters and all of my friends that were a lot like me. These new humans that I'm with are going to take some getting used to.

My day started with a long drive in Cindy's car, but I did pretty well in my traveling house. We stopped, and all of a sudden these new faces were staring at me and talking in this high voices. Then I was put into a new house and back in the car again for another long drive. I slept most of the time, but I just had to whine a little here and there. Had to make sure that these new people felt a little sorry for me, gotta make sure they give me plenty of love. So far, it seems to be working. In fact I barely get any time to myself. But that's good, cuz I'm pretty nervous with all of these new things around. I really just want to be close to the people and be held most of the time. A couple of them have taken me outside and tried to get me to follow them, but I'm just not too sure. I suppose I'll get used to it...I hope...!

I hope my tummy is better some, too. Ever since I was put to sleep with some medicine, upon waking I've kind of had runny poops. I think that's the reason Cindy kept giving me some funny new stuff to eat. At first I loved the brown sticky stuff that was put in my mouth, but then I realized there was something hard in there that I think she wanted me to swallow. Not fun. But then I got some really sweet stuff that she squirted right in my mouth, and I liked that. Another funny thing, those little round things down below that I used to lick once in a while are missing now. I noticed it when I woke up from my long sleep. I guess I must not have needed those for anything, but it is a bit strange without them. Now there is some string down there, but it doesn't really bother me. Life sure is weird.

So, there it is. My first day here in my new home. I think once I get used to it, I'll really like it here. I think the new people really do love me, and that's nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home