Digby's Dailies

Friday, March 30, 2007

The Call of the Wild

I got all excited the other day because Mom came home with what I thought was a new pal for me to play with. She put it on the table and I whined and wagged my tale--really turned on the 'cute' charm, you know--until she pulled it down for me to sniff. Ooooh, it smelled good...not exactly animal-like as I thought it would, but still. This thing was as big as I was and it was going down. After a good sniff I immediately pounced on it and dragged it into my bed...victory! (we'll ignore the fact that it wasn't a real animal. It was a victory anyway.)

But sadly, Mom soon pulled it back out of my bed and put it up on the table again, saying it was really for my big sister. Man, what a rip! I continued to whine and I could tell Mom felt badly for me. She disappeared downstairs for a few minutes and then came back with this cat. Well....it's not quite the same--it isn't as big and ferocious as that other one was, but it's still another furry friend I can pretend to attack and feel all manly with in my conquest. Even a pedigree dog needs to feel like the tough guy once in a while!

Labels: