Digby's Dailies

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A Day of Rest

Yesterday was crazy-busy. Mom took me out in the yard for a long play--I sure love those brown crunchy things that are all over the ground! They are fun to chew and jump in. I met a nice lady that lives behind us. She thought I was cute.

Mom thought I needed to try a 'walk' again. I wasn't too sure, but thought I'd try it again and I followed along for a while. I met my first big dog!!!! His name is Toby. Yikes, he was one scary guy, I was afraid he would step on me! But he ended up giving me a nice kiss and a sniff so I guess he wasn't so bad. Mom tried to get the moment on camera, but I was moving away pretty fast and she had a hard time.

After Toby we visited some other people. Mom and my brother took me into this big building that wasn't too far from our house--I think she called it a church. I met a bunch of people in there who made lots of 'awwww' noises at me and pet me a lot. That was nice. Then back outside across the street, I met a nice man named Gary. He gave me a squeeze. I saw a couple of big fluffy things in his doorway...they looked a lot like that thing I saw the other day, the thing with the pointy ears and whiskers, where my nice Dr. Barb was. I took a sniff or two, but after that I couldn't be bothered. I could tell they really wanted to come out and meet me, but sheesh. A guy has to get some time off from all of this social stuff. I was ready to get home.

Oh, I got to meet that cool guy that left me a comment on this blog! He and his mom were very nice, I hope I get to see more of them. Keep the comments coming in, people! I love to hear from you. :-)

I had my first bath last night, but can you believe my mom didn't even take any photos?? Sheesh. You can tell I'm not her first baby. Ah well, unfortunately I have a feeling it won't be the only bath I get. It kind of freaked me out, I wanted to get out of that wet place. But I have to admit I felt pretty good when I got out. After few shakes and some running around, I was feeling positively frisky--and I smelled pretty good, too.

Today is a more low-key day, and that's quite all right with me. I've been sleeping a lot. When my brother got home today we got to watch Scooby Doo together. That's a show about a dog, so it's all right by me. A pup could get used to this. I just hope I don't have to solve any mysteries like that Scooby dog does. That looks exhausting.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Hi Digby! You're much better at not blinking in pics than I am! (I always look drunk in flash pics, trying, trying, trying to force my eyes open. ACK!)

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Gee thanks...I'm blushing...!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home